Staff Management | SMX in Owingsville, Kentucky is hiring Food Production Associates to join our team. This is a temp-to-hire position, and we offer benefit packages, weekly pay, as well as advancement opportunities with an amazing company.
Hours/Shifts: These positions are 8-hour shifts.
1st: Offers different start times depending on the department (between 6am and 8am) $15.50/hr
2nd: Offers different start times depending on the department (between 3pm and 4pm) $16/hr
Perks & Benefits
- Paid Training
- Weekly paychecks
- Direct Deposit or Cash Card pay options
- Medical / Dental Insurance
- Sign on Bonus (Restrictions Apply)
Employment Type & Shifts
- Full Time
- Temp to Hire
- 1st Shift
- 2nd Shift
Job responsibilities are listed below but not limited to:
- Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and adhere to JSA guidelines.
- Follow all SOP's (standard operating procedures) for the operation of the equipment used
- Produce high quality products in a safe and healthful manner
- Set up machinery ensuring all production materials are available
- Operate and monitor equipment and replenish materials as needed
- Follow specific machine operating procedures and make adjustments as necessary
- Follow daily set up and/or shutdown procedures
- Maintain accurate production records
- Make adjustments to check weighers, metal detectors and codes as required
- Maintain appropriate level of raw materials as required, to ensure production lines incur minimal down time
- Work in all areas of production and packaging, as assigned, which includes operating, being in close proximity to and crossing over or under machinery.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job and perform as a member of a team
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to identify visual defects and make correction as needed, and identify and distinguish between colors
- Must be able to work in areas of varying temperatures
- Relieve other associates as necessary
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Promotes, adheres, and is responsible for Food Safety and Quality
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as box markings, labels, schedules, safety rules, GMP's and general instructions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and equipment
- Ability to work in a high paced environment
- Reliable attendance is an essential function of the job
Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, talking, or working from heights. Frequently lift 25 pounds and regularly lift 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires that hearing protection be worn in production areas at all times.
- Background Check
- Drug Test
- Stand for Shift Duration
- Must be at least 18 years old